Sunday, July 18, 2010

My New Favorite Sites

Oh, what an educational morning it has been! I didn't intend to spend so much time surfing the web, but I discovered two new sites that quickly earned "favorite" status with me.

A Black Girl's Guide to Weight Loss
This site is unbelievable - and relevant for people of all ethnicities and genders! It is a blog chock full of tips, recipes, workout suggestions, news, and other information relevant to weight loss while following the author's personal journey. Her story is very inspirational - she has lost at least 150 lbs through "clean eating," working out and staying motivated! I can't wait to try some of her techniques.

Mama's Organics - 100% Natural Hair and Skin Care Products
A few months ago, I posted an entry about searching for natural hair products for relaxed hair. Well, this site provided me with some answers. I came across Mama's Organics when I saw a posting on A Black Girl's Guide to Weight Loss about co-washing your hair after exercising. (Co-washing is short for conditioner washing, which means you wash your hair with conditioner instead of shampoo.) The best part about this blog is the videos, which can also be found on YouTube. The author does several how-to videos on how to take care of your hair, especially when transitioning from relaxed to natural hair. The videos kind of make me want to go natural again...third time's a charm, right? :)

I hope you enjoy my new favorite sites! Be sure to check back with me again for postings related to the topics of weight loss and natural hair care!

Have any sites you'd like to share? E-mail me or post a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment